This fantastic one day workshop will focus on the body mechanics affecting the knee, covering knee anatomy, range of movement, injury testing, functional mobility tests, common injuries and how to treat and rehabilitate, we work through the joints, ligaments and muscles to ensure you are confident assessing and treating the area.
This workshop will enable you to train the lower body with confidence. Whether training a healthy client, or one with knee/hip pain. Whether they have had a knee replacement or knee surgery you will leave fully understanding the structures involved and how to train them safely.
This workshop will give you confidence to assess and treat the knee and lower body. We will explain how the muscles affect the joint and cause dysfunction. You will leave fully understanding how conditions such as Patella Tendonitis and Runners Knee occur and how you can treat them to ensure they never return. We will cover Ligament and Meniscus injuries and explain how they occur and how to treat and rehabilitate them fully.
· Palpating bony landmarks.
· Assessments of Patello-Femoral Joint. Including muscle tests, hands on treatment techniques, rehabilitation and training considerations.
· · Assessments of Femoral-Tibial Joint. Including muscle tests, hands on treatment techniques, rehabilitation and training considerations.
· Nerve Testing, and Rehabilitation with respect to the knee and hip joints.
· Soft tissue therapy and joint mobilisation techniques for the knee including: Prone, supine and side lying techniques, Neuromuscular technique (NMT), Soft Tissue Release technique (STR), Joint mobilisation techniques, Soft Tissue Massage (STM)