The course is designed to cut through the confusing and conflicting methods and techniques often promoted to help shoulder problems, and gives you a simple, adaptable framework for you to assess and manage everyone from the elite athlete to the weekend warrior.
· Simplify the assessment and management of the commonly encountered shoulder issues
· Explore the evidence on how to best assess and diagnose the common shoulder issues
· Examine how and when to assess shoulder muscle function, proprioception.
· Structure of the shoulder
· Anatomy of all ligaments, bursa, muscles, connective tissue, nerves and blood supply to the shoulder
· Active, Passive, Active Resisted, and Clinical testing for the shoulder
· Manual therapy techniques for the shoulder
· Movements of the Glenohumeral and Shoulder girdle joints
· Muscles: Trapezius, Pec Minor/Major, Deltoid, Latissimus Dorsi, Serratus Anterior, Rhomboid Minor/Major, Levator Scapulae, Rotator Cuff (Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres Minor, Subscapularis), Teres Major
· Blood Vessels and Nerves: Brachial Plexus and Subclavian/Brachial artery